Everyone has enjoyed at least once in their life time the joy of cream caramel. Be it from a restaurant, a bakery, a grocery or even home-made, it’s a must taste dessert, no matter where you come from.
Today I’m going to share here an easy recipe for cream caramel that is easy on the wallet, easy to make and delicious.
Difficulty level: Easy
Preparation time: About an hour and fifteen minutes
Servings: eight portions
- One cup of white sugar.
- Two cans of condensed milk.
- Two cans of whole milk (the same measure as the condensed milk can.)
- One teaspoon of coconut flavor.
- Four eggs.
- Fifty gm of dried coconut.
- Preheat oven to 175 c.
- In a medium size round deep pie pan pour the white sugar and let it melt, stirring with a wooden spoon occasionally, until it becomes a golden brown color. Remove from heat and spread the caramel all over the pan, then let it cool.
- In a blender, add whole milk, condensed milk, coconut flavor and eggs, and let it blend for a few minutes.
- Add the mixture into the pan (on top of the caramel), sprinkle the dry coconut for decoration.
- Place the pan inside a larger pan and add hot water (Bain-Marie). Make sure the hot water covers at least half of the smaller pan.
- Let it bake for fifty minutes or until top is golden brown.
- Remove pan from the oven and let it cool for a few hours. Refrigerate from three to five hours. Before serving, cover the dish with a large plate then flip it.
For more sweet treats see: