Pumpkin Pie Cake: An Alternative Thanksgiving Dessert
Thanksgiving is just around the corner, a time to gather with your loved ones to celebrate your blessings.
If you’re in charge of making the pumpkin pie at your Thanksgiving gathering, consider making a new tradition. Bake this easy recipe that uses cake for the base.
With this dessert, you can have your cake, and eat your pie, too!
Pumpkin Pie Cake Instructions
One pkg yellow cake mix
½ C butter, softened
30 oz pumpkin mixed with*
1 ½ tsp cinnamon
½ tsp vanilla
¾ tsp ginger
¼ tsp Allspice
Four tsp sugar
5 oz evaporated milk
½ C sugar
¼ C flour
Three tsp cinnamon
- Combine cake mix, butter and 1 egg until crumbly.
- Set aside 2/3 cup (for topping) and press remainder into 13 x 9 x 2 pan.
- Beat eggs, pumpkin, spices and milk, and pour over crust.
- Mix flour, sugar, cinnamon and topping crumbs, and sprinkle over pumpkin layer.
- Bake at 350 until golden brown, about forty five – fifty minutes.
- Serve with whipped cream, if desired.
* Adjust pumpkin to your taste or buy pre-made filling in your grocery store.